cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton internet security problem?

N/A

Using my 2nd pc untill my motherboard gets here. And norton internet security wont let me turn it on. It says only the supervisor can chance settings Also i cant uninstall it. Any ideas whats gone off
7 REPLIES
N/A

What OS are you on? XP? If you on XP have to you tried booting the computer into Safe Mode and signing in as the XP Admin (not your own ID)

What does Norton do, to prevent you from using the machine?
N/A

no i can use it, it just turns off all protection so i am vunerable 2 virus hackers etc.

Yeah windows xp
N/A

Have you tried going to the norton site and running the automated assistance?

It will check out norton and fix any problems with it, or at least that's the idea.

What happens if you try to re-turn on the norton protection? silly question time, but has your licence expired?

failing that, it sounds like something may have become corrupt within Norton. Symantec should have a tool on their site for removing norton if it won't uninstall. You can then re-install hopefull with no issue .
N/A

did you buy or "buy" it (interprit how ever you will) as some times those licenses get black listed and Norton and others have taken to making u dl a screwd up file to kill it :p

Buz
N/A

I bought it and installed it on my 1st pc. Then when i got this 2nd pc i put it on there. I guess thats the problem there
N/A

maybe Norton doesnt want you to run it on two machines as you only have 1 license. is your first machine still active?
N/A

yeah shud be i mean it aint been used 4 a week and a bit as it is in bits. So that might the problem then stupid norton