cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nortel Connectivity Client

N/A

Since the new firewall setting had been changed by plus net, I am unable to connect to my place of work via . I have changed the seeting to LOW, but still no joy. Can anybody help
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Try "OFF"

Chilly
N/A

off does not work neither.
N/A

have just got of the phone with Plusnet and they have suggested we change to PAYG as this should have no impact on VPN connections, can anybody comment on this from past experienceHuh?
Community Veteran

For details about changing to PAYG see jelv's excelent post;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52795

I am guessing that you are on BB+, which is not best suited to VPN (Homeworking) usage.

Changing to PAYG will put your VPN traffic into the "gold" queue.

Chilly
N/A

Nortel VPN

Have you got an xDSL modem router with firewall functionality? I had a similar issue.

I'm a BB+ subscriber, have set the plus net firewall to LOW, but had to switch off a few settings on my xDSL modem router.
N/A

I am using a Netgear wireless router.
N/A

The latest is that Plus net technical team have advised me to move over to a new 12month business package to resolve the problem,no mention of that option which the call staff tried to sell me eg.PAYG basic. Do they really know what will resolve my issue. I think not
N/A

Nortel Activity

Well, i'm not sure using a wireless router should make any difference -i.e. I've got a non-wireless dsl modem,router, firewall with VoIP capability. That shouldn't really matter, as firewalls should all work the same whether it's wireless or not.

I haven't upgraded my subscription at all, and my Nortel VPN client & connectivity still work. Like i mentioned, if you set your PlusNet firewall settings to LOW or OFF, and then try initially to switch off all of your wireless router's firewall functioninality off completly, then you can try to isolate the problem at the Plusnet end. In this way you can demonstrate that your firewall is not preventing the VPN to work. If it still doesn't work, then yes there's some kind of problem with how the VPN works with PlusNet (PN from now on). But if it starts to work, then you can start to slowly & systematically switch on your router's firewall functionality.

That's my 2pence worth.