cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mailbox setup at relay.plus.net

N/A

Hi

The main family PC receives the bulk of our email via mail.plus.net and mails out via a second smtp account at clara.net. I have recently (yesterday) set up a mail box (my first!) for another computer on my home network.

I have been attempting to get the new mailbox to be a completely PlusNet affair, both inbound and outbound. I have no problem receiving email at the new mailbox, however, every combination of user names and passwords, for the main account and the mailbox, has failed Cry for outbound email at relay.plus.net

Could it be that my plusnet SMTP at relay.plus.net does not work because I have not used it enough? Or am I just missing something :?:

Thanks

PaulQ

PS I am using Mozilla Thunderbird on both PCs

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Topic moved from ADSL to a more suitable part of the forums.
3 REPLIES
N/A

First, you need to make sure you are connected to PlusNet.

Second, you should disable SMTP authentication in your clients. PlusNets server do not support it.
N/A

Make sure your email addresses are set as blah@user.plus.com rather than blah@user.plus.net. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Anthony
N/A

Cheesy OK thanks. That was simple. The problem was mine - assuming that one ISP would do things the same as another.