cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New browser on the block

N/A

New browser on the block

http://www.browzar.com/index.html

With Browzar you can search and surf the web without leaving any visible trace on the computer you are using.

Browzar is free, it only takes seconds to download and you don’t even need to install it, so you can download Browzar time and time again, whenever and wherever you need it to protect your privacy.

* No browsing history, stored files, or cookies
* No embarrassing search auto-complete
* No installation. Just click ‘run’ and go
* No registration required
16 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

New browser on the block

Excellent im using it now to try out and it is very very good

Definately one to keep on my thumb drive

cheers
Alecto
Grafter

Re: New browser on the block

* No embarrassing search auto-complete

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Community Veteran

Browzar not all good apparently

I thought it pretty neat too, until a newsfeed turned up this link ... worth reading & following the links therein.
holdtight
Grafter

New browser on the block

Very interesting indeed and well worth the read if your thinking of using this, i dont think i will be now after reading that and will stick with portable firefox which i cant find any fault with as yet

thanks for the link Paul

cheers
Bill.
N/A

New browser on the block

No embarrassing search auto-complete

Oops.
May want to read this article posted on The Register earlier today.

.....Browzar does not clean up all traces of surfing as promised. Deleted files are not wiped and would be easy to recover - allowing anyone with a basic data recovery tool to access history, cookies or any other media downloaded using Browzar. Furthermore, because Browzar uses IE's ActiveX control, a list of browsed websites stills appear in the index.dat file. Browzar therefore, according to critics, offers a false sense of privacy protection.....

Perhaps all isn't as rosy as it seemed. Wink

EDIT: Fixed quote tags. Oops /hangs head in shame
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

New browser on the block

Think ill stick with firefox and make sure no one goes on PC :lol: :lol: Shocked
MysteryFCM
Grafter

New browser on the block

N/A

New browser on the block

Good illustration of the point Steven! 10/10 for effort and excecution.

So much for the "embarrassing" history disappearing.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

New browser on the block

hehe, thankyou Wink
Officerdribble
Grafter

New browser on the block

Hi,

Can someone explain to me what point there is in a browser that clears history etc. when broadband connections are easily traceable back to the subscriber and data retention laws compel ISPs to keep logs of all connection activity?

Okay, if someone is using a computer, say, in a crowded workplace, where it's possible to hide individual activity amongst shared connections, there might be some value in it, but for a home user I don't see the point.

How much data, for instance, does Plusnet retain, and indeed has RIPA been implemented or not?

I've been wondering about this for a long time.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

V.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

New browser on the block

Short answer?

If you're an individual or residential customer, absolutely none as whilst the history etc, can be cleared, the ISP by law (as you've mentioned) is required to keep a log of all connections your account makes, be it HTTP, FTP, SMTP etc etc etc.

If you're a business, whilst still being required to keep a log of such traffic, the traffic can only be logged as coming from the business account/network, and not to the individual making the connections (which is why most businesses keep a log of such things themselves anyway).

Privacy in this day and age, does not exist where the internet (or indeed, anything else) is concerned.
N/A

New browser on the block

I read somewhere (El Reg most probably) that another new browser is out.
The executable runs directly from a USB flash drive, so although history is tracked, you take it with you in your pocket.
Perhaps much more useful than the original one this was posted about?

/goes to search The Register
N/A

New browser on the block

/back from The Register (El Reg for purists Wink )

This is the chappie I was thinking of.

Any good?
MysteryFCM
Grafter

New browser on the block

/back from The Register (El Reg for purists Wink )

Ah El Reg ....... used to read it religiously up until last year when it started getting a little silly with their reporting standards.

This is the chappie I was thinking of.

Any good?

About as useful as a fart in space suit to be honest. Specifically because, irrespective of whether the PC holds any data, the ISP still holds it. There's nothing the browser can do about that.

The one you linked to, simply uses proxies in an attempt to hide the traffic, but this can still be traced (albeit not easily)