Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband site.

N/A

New broadband site.

Note to mods: Please move this post to the appropriate forum if needbe

Hi again guys Smiley

Me and my friends have been working on a new ADSL information site for about 2-3 months now and are finally ready to launch it. Before we do, we would like your genuine opinions, suggestions and comments on both the design and the content.

We are just a bunch of guys who are getting together to help people understand more about ADSL and what it's all about Smiley

I won't waffle on too much, so here's the site:

http://www.dslzoneuk.net

Once again, please let us know anything you want to say about DSL ZoneUK.

And please feel free to use the facilites we have available so far.

James
40 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New broadband site.

I see a lot of work has gone into this and the layout looks very good. Well done. I guess only time will tell how polular it gets so good luck.

A few things I noticed:

http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_details.php?isp=1

A few corrections needed for PlusNet

All products have newsgroup access
All products have 250MB webspace
All products can be 1month or 1 year contracts.

Force9 also has exactly the same products (and the same errors).

Will you be adding the business related products (home worker) or just concentrating on the home market.

You are also missing PlusNets other ISP - free-online - from your ISP list.
N/A

New broadband site.

Great stuff. Thanks for the corrections. I'll get that done today! All products will be added over time, we just wanted to get the major ones listed Smiley

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Quote removed from post, as it was just a duplicate of the post before.]
N/A

New broadband site.

Very nice site, everything looks great Smiley

Only thing I dont like is the logo bit at the top left, not sure why. But thats just me, I'm sure everybody else will think its fine.
N/A

New broadband site.

You are more than entitled to your opinion cater Smiley I welcome all suggestions. I must say we have focused more on getting the content up there. Im positive we can start tweaking the design once thats complete Smiley

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Quote removed from post, as it was just a duplicate of the post before.]
Community Veteran

New broadband site.

Excellent! I echo what Peter said - it's obvious a lot of work has gone into the site.

One small thing you might want to do is get rid of the margin around all four sides of the page... but hey, that's only a small thing. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

New broadband site.

That's actually a very good point. At one point it didn't have a margin, not sure why it came back.

I've now fixed it, and you are right, it looks a lot better with no margin. What do you think?

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not quote the previous post in its entirety.]
- Sorry about that, csogilvie
N/A

New broadband site.

Hi
The site looks excellent, will leave comments on minor mistakes to others............well done it looks good Tongue
N/A

New broadband site.

I'd echo everyone else - looks very good.

My only suggestion would be to lose the vertical line between the left and centre columns. On some pages it gives three parallel verticals that to my eye distracts from the otherwise clean layout.
N/A

New broadband site.

It is a good site, everything I tried worked, however what does it have that ADSL guide does not?

That is not meant as a criticism but as a question.
N/A

New broadband site.

Well as you can tell, we are fully aware and fully appreciate ADSLguide. To that extent we do not intend to compete with them (why compete with a site that is so big), we are just a couple of friends who are working on a project regardless of what else is out there Smiley

I guess there is no harm having different options

N/A

New broadband site.

I am a fairy called Nuff, Fairy-Nuff. Cheesy
N/A

New broadband site.

looks great.. 1 thing

ur search / compare thing.. it would be great if u could resort the results on say

Cost / Speed / company name etc so that u can get a group of results that you wanna look at

other than that.. its great
N/A

New broadband site.

That's a nice suggestion buzzons, i'll get that implemented today Smiley

Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

New broadband site.

The router firmware links, would beter if they linked to the info page not a direct download link. Some firmware versions for some makes have problems that usually aren't covered by a readme in the zip etc. So anyone following those links half the time won't bother or know how to check if they should or can use it or not.

ed: hmm forgot but nice site finally one that has different layout for s/m/large screen sizes, I hate having to side scroll on a lot of sites.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017