cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network neutrality

N/A

Network neutrality

America is facing network neutrality issues in Washington. The backbone providers want to decide what sites and traffic get priority. this means big net companies will be preferential treatment because they pay backbone providers for it. This will crush small sites, freedom of speach and innovation. Discuss.
( http://www.savetheinternet.com )
2 REPLIES
N/A

Network neutrality

Woo, an Internet Revolution is sounding. Perhaps those Peer-to-Peer Browsers I was thinking about may take over.

Of course this may be a bad thing, but its the only way things will evolve. Its a bit like technology booms with world wars. Crazy but true.
N/A

Network neutrality

There is already a post on this here Although with two replies (including this one) the topic is proving more popular this time round!
Here's my twopence worth from the other thread.
Google is already by far the fastest site I access through PN, even with their widely publicised problems over the past few months - perhaps this already happens? Or perhaps its a demonstration of why it's not needed?

Interestingly as Apple look to revamp their iTunes store to use P2P to deliver content faster, there may be a valid reason for them to look to pay for their services to be prioritised at an ISP end.

Conversely, as P2P looks to be on the horizon as a delivery method for one of the largest online retailes, there could be valid reasons for many end users to move up to the unshaped tariffs.

Pretty sure there's money in them there hills one way or another.