cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with bt voyager 205 and port forwarding

N/A

well ill basically explain my problem, i used to use a usb modem, and everything was fine, but i upgraded to a ethernet router when i moved to plusnet

i would like to allow ALL data into and out of my pc and let my firewalls take care of this things, its causing alot of problems with games in having

is there any way i can do this? even if i i have to manaully add all 65535 ports ill do it

just need some help on how to go about getting all port forwarding / security features from my internet connection
5 REPLIES
N/A

First and foremost, you don't want to allow all traffic to your PC, otherwise what would be the point of having your firewall/router in the first place.

You need to first determine which ports you actually need forwarded for your games. Nearly all on-line games I have, have this information detailed either in the game instructions or on their website. Failing that, post the details of the game here and I will attempt to find the port details for you.

Once your've determined that, then you need to forward them to your computer. I will later today try and locate some details about your router, and how you go about this.
N/A

First and foremost, you don't want to allow all traffic to your PC, otherwise what would be the point of having your firewall/router in the first place.

You need to first determine which ports you actually need forwarded for your games. Nearly all on-line games I have, have this information detailed either in the game instructions or on their website. Failing that, post the details of the game here and I will attempt to find the port details for you.

Once your've determined that, then you need to forward them to your computer. I will later today try and locate some details about your router, and how you go about this.

i have 2 software firewalls which im more than happy with, and only reason i go a router was to be constantly connection via reliable ethernet

so i really do want to let ALL data in and out

just dont know how to set it up
LiamM
Grafter

Is there an option on your router to set DMZ? Look for it, and set it to your LAN IP, and all ports will be forwarded to your IP on the network.
N/A

how do i find my lan ip address?

i got many that ti could be but im unsure which it is

then my problem i think/hope is fixed Smiley

think i got it fixed but if someone could tell me id like to double check

using ipconfig /all i got

192.168.1.3 - which sounds right
N/A

using ipconfig /all i got

192.168.1.3 - which sounds right

Just run IPconfig without the all bit, and look under the section marked "Ethernet", it will give you your PC's IP addy there.

My mention about the router's firewall, is that a hardware firewalls are normally more secure, more stable and loss prone to being bypassed that software ones. However if your happy with your setup, then putting your PC in the DMZ will also solve the problem.