cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help desperate

N/A

Need help desperate

I got a virus from a website that was linked to www.killsometime.com...I tried everything i knew to get rid of it but every 2 days it would reapear.

So I got a bit peeded off and decided to format the comp and start over and not reinstall anything that I had downloaded within the last month.

Well basically its all back again but a bit worse.....I dont mind formatting but I do mind the damn thing coming back any help would be brilliant THANKS Sad
7 REPLIES
N/A

Need help desperate

are you sure you did a full format? do you have any email that may ahve given it to you? what is the virus? could it be on a usb pen? a FD?
Community Veteran

Need help desperate

Unless you can describe thee virus and how it manifests itself on your system it will be difficult to help you?

Did you actually reformat or just reinstalled windows. If you just reinstalled it would have retained all your previous files and most likely those that had been infected.

What have you tried to get rid of it as I'm sure you have not tried everything
N/A

Need help desperate

yeah was definatly a full format...not email because I use it on other comps and there all ok...Not sure what virus it was but avg picked up many of them....and so did windows......It kept trying to install spyaxe which I did not like the look of.
have not used old stuff either and do not ave any usb pens

Thanks for the swift replie
Community Veteran

Need help desperate

Use the following instructions to remove spyaxe:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic36868.html

If the above does not remove it, use the more detailed smitfraud removal instructions linked in that article.
N/A

Need help desperate

List of symptoms

1)homepage changed and was basically saying I was infected

2)dos box kept appearing and scrolling through some writing quickly

3)wallpaper turned blue with message saying need to clear virus before continuing using computer

I used adaware spybot search and destroy and Avg and something called windows security task manager which all 4 picked up many things probably missed many things too but it found a lot.

I also searched on the web for some of the things that was found to see if they installed stuff on the side.and deleted what i found but I did not save any of the relavent info to be able to tell you
N/A

Need help desperate

some of the things in that guide are what I had....after a format it should of have gone though...I did not visite any websites after formatting either just did relavant updates.

Im formatting again I started it before I put the post up so I wont be able to use the guide until its complete and if it comes back that is

Many thank yous Cheesy
N/A

Need help desperate

Ahhhh when it changed my homepage it said I had been hacked and gave me details about my comp which mainy were not correct from what i can remember..dont know how I forgot to mention that