cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My web page annoyance

N/A

My web page annoyance

Having uploaded my site www.woodlandtots.plus.com evrery one else can view it but all I get is a screen about "apache web servers" and some sort of test page. I do not know where it came from and I do not Know how to get rid of it (I wish I did). I have tried the help line time after time but to no avail. Every other site I view is O.K. it is just my own. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Before I pull what little hair I have left out!

Many thanks

Kevin Delve
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

My web page annoyance

Clear your browser cache (temp internet files).

Use CTRL + refresh button in IE to force a page refresh from PlusNets servers.

Observation: I assume this is still work in progress so... Make sure you check your website with several different browsers. The green banner text works in IE but not in Mozilla 1.6. Some of the links like About Me, Contact me & guestbook don't work in Mozilla. Also the page width is a bit too wide.
zpeterk
Grafter

My web page annoyance

Why not try the plusnet counter at http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=38
pcorker
Grafter

My web page annoyance

woodlandtots
The Serif product used to make your website has a major problem for folk who have their windows OS set to large fonts in Display Properties/Settings/Advanced. For them, and for some other different browsers, graphics (including text outputted as graphics) may be overrun by expanding text. To see the effect switch your computer to Large Fonts (requires a restart) and view your site if you can. This was fixed in Pageplus9 and there may be an updated version of your Webplus8. If your computer (not the setting in Internet Explorer) is not set to Large Fonts in Display Properties you will not see what I mean. I think that it's a major snag for a commercial website.
Ask if you want more help from me.
Pat.
PS I don't think that has anything to do with your original question!