cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multple Web Sites

Fixes: 121

Multple Web Sites

Hi All.

I have tried a search but never found what I wanted but if if it has I apologise for asking here and perhaps someone would point me in the right direction.

I have several domain names now hosted by Plus.net. It seems that all of them point to the same web space.

Can anyone help me to be able to have differeing website depending on the address enttered but all using the 250 MB within my one account.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
N/A

Multple Web Sites

As long as all of the domains are hosted on the normal WWW server, then you can point each one to a different subidrectory within your space.

To do this go to your Domain Control Panel, click "Configure" next to the domain and change the field next to "/htdocs/" to whatever subdirectory you want the domain pointed to. Also make sure that the dot is next to the "Default" option.
Fixes: 121

Multple Web Sites

Thank you.

I'll read a little more on the subject. But to summise; can I just make up my own subfolders within htdocs/?

Does the subfolder have to be the same as the domain name or any name of my choice.

Thanks

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Multple Web Sites

It can eb anything of your choice.

Simply create one, then place the name within the box provided over in the domain control panel for the domain in question.