cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla Firefox queries

N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

Hi folks

I have just installed Firefox and like the look of it but have a couple of questions.

1) In IE there is an option to not save encypted pages to disk, is this availble in Firefox.

2) I have not yet downloaded Thunderbird as I have read some reports of people having connection problems, is this a major problem or just an unlucky few.

Cheers
14 REPLIES
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

I've had problems with both firefox and thunderbird. I found firefox to be slow drawing a page and thunderbird had connection issues.

I use Opera which contains a mail client built in. Cheesy
csogilvie
Grafter

Mozilla Firefox queries

I have no issues with either Thunderbird or Firefox... as for the not saving encypted pages, I didn't even know that option exists in IE so couldn't tell you about Firefox.

I certainly prefer Thunderbird over M2 (Opera's Mail Client).
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

I do prefer thunderbird, but it get failing hence why I was forced to go over to opera.

It just suddenly stop working one day for no reason, really annoying.
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

was that after u were asked to join the customer review thing.. cos that happend to me and i had to go and remove it and install it all over again :S

Buz
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

Thanks guys, just for the record FireFox does NOT save encrypted pages to disk.
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

If you have XP you can encrypt them anyway.. :lol:

Not sure why you would want to encrypt downloaded web pages though..
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

to stop his mom seein all that pr0n
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

Encrypt in XP? Not sure what your following the conversation correctly.

SSL (where you ahev https in the URL) is designed so that the transfer of data between you and a website is secure.

The idea on this setting or feature, is that you don't save any of this information in a cache on your computer, encrypted or otherwise.

THis prevents viruses or other trojans snoopping on this data.
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

acarr, he want's to save downloaded web pages, but encrypt them. Firefox won't let you do this, but within XP you can encrypt any file.
Community Veteran

Mozilla Firefox queries

No, you have misunderstood question 1 in the original post:

1) In IE there is an option to not save encypted pages to disk, is this availble in Firefox

IE by default will store encrypted pages (which are received via an SSL connection) to it's page cache. The IE option 'do not save encrypted pages to disk' stops the pages being saved in the cache.

The question was does firefox have a similar option (to not save the encrypted pages).

It has nothing to do with wanting to save encrypted pages to disk.
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

Shockedops: got confused Shockedops:
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

PS. Ypou can only encrypt files in XP Pro.

Home doesn't have that option.
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

I know that this is getting off topic but how many people using IE are saving all their secure pages to their hard drives? The defaults are all wrong.
N/A

Mozilla Firefox queries

I hold my hand up to being guilty in the past.
I no longer use IE except for uploading files to my website, but on looking at it I find that the "do not save encrypted pages to disk" option is unticked.
I suspect that I am not the only one who, prior to reading this thread, did not have a clue what that actually meant, and, as you say, the defaults are all wrong.