cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozila Thunderbird Help

N/A

Mozila Thunderbird Help

bleh, ok i tried to ask +Net but the support has no idea what my problem is, so I am filinging this open to the user base in the hope I can solve this problem.

I Started using Thunderbird a while ago, but just now added my +net mail accounts to it , I can connect, get my mail and read ma mail no problem. However when i come to reply to an email or send an email i get " Please enter the password for Buzzons on Relay.plus.net"

So hey, no problem here, **types in User password**

This seems to be the wrong password, so hey, i thought id try the other passwords for my other Sub email addresses, same problem, No password i have with PlusNet works for Relay.plus.net with the user Buzzons (thats ma user name Wink)

Any one know how to resolve this problem?

Many thanks

Andy
4 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Mozila Thunderbird Help

Tools - ACcount Settings. In the left hand box click Outgoing Server (SMTP) and untick the Use name and password box.
Community Veteran

Mozila Thunderbird Help

Is thunderbird different to what is included in Mozilla 1.6 because tools -> account settings does not exist in my Mozilla email client?

In Mozilla 1.6 email right click on an email address and select properties. Then select Outgoing SMTP server and untick the use name & password box. Then click OK.
csogilvie
Grafter

Mozila Thunderbird Help

Yes. The chrome in both Thunderbird and Firebird has moved preferences from Edit to Tools, which made sense.
N/A

Mozila Thunderbird Help

sorry for the slow get back, was away Wink

thanks SO much.. it works like a charm now

*hug*

Thanks again

andy