cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Web logs

lingbob
Grafter

Missing Web logs

I've recently enabled my Web space and uploaded my Web site. I've also switched on Web logging and I can view the log through the portal but as yet, the "log" directory hasn't been created in my Web space. Perhaps I'm being a little impatient?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Missing Web logs

The weblogs normally run 24hrs behind the realtime and a log will only be created if there has actually been trafic to your site.
If you are sure that the site has been visited and there is no input to the logfiles
then there may be a need to raise a link:contact us ticket to have this investigated.
The "Raw log files" are located in the folder called "logs" at the root of your webspace and not in the "htdocs" folder (in case thats where you were looking)
lingbob
Grafter

Missing Web logs

I'm looking in the root directory and all I see is "htdocs". I'll visit my site myself to generate a few hits and see what happens Wink

Thanks for your reply.
Community Veteran

Missing Web logs

The Raw logfiles are not automatcally generated when you turn on the webstats from the portal. You have to request the raw log files to be generated via contact us - This is not made clear on the web stats page or in the webstats FAQ which needs to be corrected.

To request raw webstats use the following contact us route:

• Technical Support
• Webspace, FTP, HTML and Frontpage
• Enabling Raw Web Logs
lingbob
Grafter

Missing Web logs

Many thanks indeed for that useful piece of information.