cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximizing p2p usage

N/A

Maximizing p2p usage

I use plusnet bronze 2mb and i am now aware that on plus net p2p users get limited speeds during peak hours so could anyone suggest if there is anyway to combat this and achieve the 100kb/s i was achieving 6 months ago, and if not when is the best time to use p2p.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Maximizing p2p usage

Hi there,

I am not sure which package you are on and maybe getting mixed up between traffic levels and accounts. Easy to get confused I grant you.

I will however highlight that any discussion which heads towards any method of circumventing the traffic management or shaping process will be removed.

The management has been put in place by Plus Net for good reason and whether we like it or not, its here to stay.

Perhaps if you can identify your account type we might be able to provide further information.
N/A

Maximizing p2p usage

I know I am on Premier - Up to 2Mb and my download on P2P is a big fat 0 until 12 pm. I have stuck within my 30 gig downloads every month but now P2P is no good untill after midnight.

My agreement was I paid for 30gig a month which I have stuck to but now my p2p is useless I only use the internet from 10pm until 1 am so its not as though I am a heavy user. How you can justify blocking paying users who stick to the limits is beond me.

At midnight it all springs to life and I start getting a download its to much to think its not something else stopping it everynight
N/A

Maximizing p2p usage

Dont forget the 20GB clean peak time allowance.

If you exceed that you will be shaped. However 0 kbps should nto be happening in any case.

Have you tried raising a ticket, it might take a bit of battling Smiley but may be worth asking them to check your profile. It may be incorrect.
N/A

Maximizing p2p usage

My total downloads is only 18 gig and peak is less than 11 gig. As I said I have allways stayed with in my limits
Community Veteran

Maximizing p2p usage

Then you may have been put on the wrong profile, like many others in the past.

Raise a ticket and get CS to check you are on the correct profile.