Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Fault

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Major Fault

There is a major fault with dial out on PlusTalk. If you make a call and there is no answer and therefore you ring off it can take six to seven minutes before the line is dropped to the caller making their phone unusable for that length of time. You are also charged for the call untill the line is dropped.

I have make a ticket reporting this problem but they do not appear to know how to fix it so be warned.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Major Fault

so do you get charged for the call even though they havent picked up at the other end?
N/A

Major Fault

Hi there,

The ticket you have raised is with our networks team for investigation, I use PlusTalk both internally and at home and have been unable to replicate this however they are looking into it.

This certainly isn't how the system was designed and it seems to be working fine from here.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Major Fault

I had a similar problem to this with Sipgate, a Grandstream Budgetone 100 and a Netgear DG834G router. Took me a while of playing about with the setting in the router and the phone before I managed to get it sorted. A lot was changed and re-changed, so I don't know exactly what the solution was, but it was definately local.

Something to check is that all the ports that are needed are forwarded correctly in your router.

Phil
glloyd
Rising Star

Major Fault

Try using one of your ZYXEL 2002L units you supply and see if you get the problem..

Hi there,

The ticket you have raised is with our networks team for investigation, I use PlusTalk both internally and at home and have been unable to replicate this however they are looking into it.

This certainly isn't how the system was designed and it seems to be working fine from here.
glloyd
Rising Star

Major Fault

No you get charged for the call if they pick the phone up after you have aborted the call and untill the line is dropped. 5 minutes or more.

so do you get charged for the call even though they havent picked up at the other end?
glloyd
Rising Star

Major Fault

The problem would appear to be yet another bug in the firmware of the Prestige 2002L. Must be a well tested bit of kit Sad
N/A

Major Fault

Hi there,

I personally was involved in the testing of all our VoIP hardware hence my response in here. I have not been able to replice this problem at this end at all using the above equipment, the equipment was testing this was all documented and re-checked. We've had no other reports of this problem.

What version of the firmware did you ahve? Was it that standard firmaware? What version of the firmware did you update to and has it resolved your issue?
glloyd
Rising Star

Major Fault

ZYXEL have acknowledged there is a problem with the 2002L not only with the CLI but also the problem of the line not being dropped (see email below recieved today). I'm using the latest firmware available V3.60(MH.3) and no it does not solve the problem.

Hi George,

Many thanks for your e-mail.

We are aware of this problem and have notified our R&D team, we are currently awaiting a firmware update that address's these issues.

Kind regards

Technical Support,
ZyXEL Communications UK Ltd.
N/A

Major Fault

Thanks for the info, i'll raise this internally and with zyxel if possible. Unusual that what they seem to think is a general firmware issue has not been replicated internally or noticed by another customer.

glloyd
Rising Star

Major Fault

Other customers may not be aware of it unless they know what's happening the other end. I only became aware of it after phoning my daughter and then testing it to my own phone number. From what I can gather from speaking to zyxel support the CLI has never worked on UK phones so I'm at a loss to know how you had it working. They can replicate both problems and are aware of them and have said so.

This email re CLI

Hi George,

We have spent some time testing all ZyXEL SIP based products for CLI compatiblity, in our findings we have noticed a possible problem with the firmware for the P2002/P2002L and P2602R-61/P2602RL-61.

We have reported this back to our R&D team, we hope to have a resolution to this very shortly.

Kind regards

Technical Support,
ZyXEL Communications UK Ltd.