cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail redirect

N/A

Mail redirect

We have our own Exchange server which recieves mail addressed to our .co.uk domain via SMTP, an MX address is already registered with plus net.

We just transfered our .com address to plus net and want to redirect all the mail from .com to .co.uk

E.G mail addressed to john@mydomain.com gets redirected to john@mydomain.co.uk

I would like to avoid having to get someone in to reconfigure the Exchange server.

At the moment all the .com mail is collecting in our plus net POP account which is never used.

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Mail redirect

Hi,

You can set up redirects for specific addresses via Email Settings and Configure mailboxes on the left. This would, as in your example, redirect john@mydomain.com to john@mydomain.co.uk
If you need more than one address redirecting then at the moment you'll have to set up a redirect for each address you want to use.
Community Veteran

Mail redirect

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought any email received for domains you have associated with your plusnet account are automatically redirected to domainname@username.plus.com.

Or am I confusing this with something else. If not, how is email for domain.co.uk and domain.com differentiated?
N/A

Mail redirect

In this case, the .co.uk is delivered direct via SMTP, whilst the .com isn't.

He is looking to see if there is an easy way to handle the redirects, without having to create messes of manual redirects or using SMTP and making exchange server config changes.
Community Veteran

Mail redirect

What I'm on about is fred@domainname.com does not exists as an email address because any email for fred will appear is the mailbox fred@username.plus.com.

That is what is described here and here.

Unless you can add a redirect for fred@domainname.com which overrides this default behaviour.
N/A

Mail redirect

I would like to avoid having to get someone in to reconfigure the Exchange server.

I take it then that you don't understand Exchange yourself? If I understand you correctly, then the simplest way to achieve it is to set Exchange to host both your .co.uk and your .com domains and set the .co.uk as 'default' (if that's the one you want all mail sent out under. Then automatically, each user will be john@domain.com and john@domain.co.uk. No messy forwarding required Cheesy