cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X+newsreaders

N/A

Mac OS X+newsreaders

As an anti-spam precaution,I wish to "munge" my e-mail address before I start to reply to posting in a couple of newsgroups I subscribe to.However in OS X I cannot seem to find a way to do this so it only applies to my newsreader (Hogwasher),a simple task when I had Windows but in OS X everything e-mail,newsreader,IRC etc seems to get information from the same place (whereever that is),because I have noticed that if I install an IRC client it automatically sends out my correct e-mail address which is not a good idea.

Am I missing something or is there a way around this or is my only option to set up another account on this machine for exclusive use of newsreaders, IRC etc and "munge" the address there?

PS not sure if this is the correct forum,so moderators please feel free to move it to a better one.

Ian & Linda Jordan
2 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Mac OS X+newsreaders

As an anti-spam precaution,I wish to "munge" my e-mail address before I start to reply to posting in a couple of newsgroups I subscribe to.However in OS X I cannot seem to find a way to do this so it only applies to my newsreader (Hogwasher),a simple task when I had Windows but in OS X everything e-mail,newsreader,IRC etc seems to get information from the same place (whereever that is),because I have noticed that if I install an IRC client it automatically sends out my correct e-mail address which is not a good idea.

Check your newreader preferences and enter whatever you want for your email address.

Simon
N/A

Mac OS X+newsreaders

Thanks Simon

It was well hidden,but I finally found how to do it :-)

Ian & Linda Jordan