cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSN ?

N/A

MSN ?

Ok I pretty much assume its not just me, but for the record, is anyone else having massive problems in connecting?

Since turning on my machine at 11 today I have been having non stop problems and not once has it connected.
To see if its a problem related to version as apposed to the whole platform im using the windows live messenger Version 8 (Build 8.0.0812.00). Anyone else in the same boat?

Regards,
10 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

MSN ?

Hi,

Using the same build at home and not having any problems at the mo. Have you tried a reboot?

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

MSN ?

Hi Tom. Havent managed to connect with MSN or Live Msngr all day. Am using Windows Messenger ok though.

Getting error code 81000314 every time.

Weird but at least windows messenger is running.
N/A

MSN ?

Hi Bob, Mark,

Bob, ive tried rebooting live messenger, windows, full re-install etc ( all the usuall standard things one would try ). Still it either tells me that the service is currently unavailable ( error code mentioned by Mark ) or it tells me I have no internet connection ( and I know its talking complete and utter waffle there ).

Mark, I have tried Windows messenger but that too gives me the exact same errors as Live messenger. Basically I cant log on and do diddly squat Sad .

Ill have to see how things go.

Regards,
N/A

MSN ?

This afternoon I had Exactly the same error message as you posted.

Tried different PC and same thing.

Have you tried rebooting the ADSL router or your appliance firewall if you use one.

Rebooting fixed it for me
N/A

MSN ?

Yep,

I have tried that. I have tried everything one would normally try doing ( bar changing messenger provider off course ).
N/A

MSN ?

I am also having troubles with sign in.

I am on Premier, 2Mb. I use a draytek router.

I have a PC, laptop, and iMac G4. ALL of these computers are unable to sign in.

Windows Live Messenger, MSN 7.5, and the latest Mac versions.

Error: Service is temporarily unavailable.

I am going to switch off router for five minutes and see if that helps at all. Or cause MORE problems!

Yahoo is fine. Interestingly, MSN Web Messenger is also fine, so am assuming it's some port somewhere that's getting messed withHuh I dunno...
N/A

MSN ?

Hmm,

The wife says that there have been plenty of reports by people on the sites she visits about MSN. This then would suggest MSN getting a little too ambitous again and forgetting people cant use the service no more lol.

Ill leave it for now and see what tomorrow brings...

Regards,
N/A

MSN ?

switched off router for about 3 minutes i think and i'm in. it's signed me in OK on Windows Live Messenger version 8, build 8.0.0812.00.

Also signed it OK on Mac, with Microsoft Messenger Version 5.1.1 (060317). Running OS 10.4.7.

Hope you guys get it fixed as well. Thanks!
N/A

MSN ?

I didnt go to that length lol. Having rebooted the router already I was happy it wasnt at fault lol.

Came back about 10 minutes ago to find the messenger logged nicely Smiley

Regards,
N/A

MSN ?

I was having trouble yesterday.. although if I signed in with another ID it was fine.. not the first time this has happened :?