cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSN Messenger 8 Screen Shots

Community Veteran

Hey, just got my grubby paws on the new MSN or as its now called windows live messenger 8 thought i'd post some screenshots!

and
5 REPLIES
gilleyman
Dabbler

Beta Signin

Hi, I have downloaded the new beta version just updated from my 7.5 but I am getting this message on sign in The passport ID used to sign in is not allowed access to this beta version of Messenger 810003cc, I use the correct user name and password and the 7.5 version worked fine with it, I just assume being a beta version one has to be prepared for this and any other errors.

Regards Arthur
N/A

strathbungo1.

Soz, but I had to remove the screen grabs.

Firstly they contained foul language and secondly they were massive.

Feel free to link to them off site, with the language bit removed preferably. Smiley

Cheers,
Community Veteran

awk ok, didnt actually check lol!

arthurk5asr the reason you get that error is because the new msn is on a new protocol MSNP14, this new protocol can block users logging in, and right now its only the beta testing team that is allowed to log on, when it is released in a years time it will be fully available!, there is a proxy available that redirects MSN 8 to the current protocol MSNP13
N/A

Hey Andy,

I would love to know where the official uk signup page is to become a beta tester. So far I have always used leaks and patches.
Coming to mention it, I am using the leak and a patch. I have to admit I like a couple of the features already, such as the leaving a message when a person is offline, and then they will get it when signing back in.
That is actually rather cool.

Anyway, please do let me know as this proxy downgrader will end up doing my nut in.

Regards,
ChrisR
Grafter

You can apply to become a Microsoft beta tester, here:

https://beta.microsoft.com