cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSN 6 questions

N/A

MSN 6 questions

Has anyone ever got the webcam function along with audio working at all between 2 people on MSN.. I'll give you my example.

I went a bought a webcam and microphone for my PC, connected them fine and tunned them using the audio/visual tunnig wizard with win2k.
Then contacted my friend who uses MSN v6 like myself and he could her and see me fine.

Now my friend has aslo got a webcam now, same one as me and we can talk to each other using voice fine but when we try to add the webcam in the picture locks and also cuts the audio off.

We are both running a 512K ADSL connection.. So has anyone got any ideas on how to go this working ?

I was thinking it maybe my firewall (Netgear DG824M) but I have looked in the manual and the ports for MSN are automatically detected and pass through is enabled for this, anyone have any other ideas ?

Has anyone got Netmeeting to work on WIn2k ?
If so can anyone give me clear and simple instructions on how to set this up as I have done so but I am not 100% sure I have completed this properly.

Thanks in advanced..
4 REPLIES
N/A

MSN 6 questions

I never use the audio features however I have had 2-way video before with no troubles.
Not really too sure I can help...
N/A

MSN 6 questions

i heard something about msn not liking it if both parties are running a NAT.
but im not sure.
hopefully someone else with a little more knowledge will come along :

marc
N/A

MSN 6 questions

most progs dont like it if both parties are using NAT. MSN6 supports uPnP though which, provided your router also supports it, sorts out the NAT problem.
N/A

MSN 6 questions

ok Shockedops: cheers, should have known that, im sure ive posetd ti somewhere :S
lol

marc