cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Exchange

N/A

MS Exchange

What i want to do isset up my own mail server. At the min my conection goes to my firewall server(MS ISA) then this is networked to 2 other servers one as a DC/File server and another running MS exchange. All 3 servers are on the internal network IP 192.168.x.x. Will i be able to set up the SMTP feed so my exchange server gets the mail as its not the server conected to the internet .

Many thanks

Chris
3 REPLIES
N/A

MS Exchange

I assume you have two nics in the isa server one facing the web and the other internal? Or do you have one nic and a adsl modem?

If you have a modem then you just setup the isa server to let traffic through to exchange. If you have a router before the isa server and 2 nics you may have to port forward on the router as well.

It should all work fine as its desgined to work that way.
N/A

MS Exchange

The ISA box has one internal nic and one adsl modem, the internal nic goes to the hub . Conected to the hub is the DC server and the Exchange server and the client machines aswell. running 2003 server, isa 2000 and 2003 exchange. Will it be a case od setting the MX records in the plusnet config with the A records to point to my ISA server then let it resolve the location of the exchange server from there..?

Many thanks

Chris
N/A

MS Exchange

yes you set the record to your fixed ip and the server should sort it out