holdtight
Grafter

'Lost' Internet Explorer Icon

No problem !

glad your up and running again
3 REPLIES
N/A

Strange, don't know how it happened, but the Internet Explorer icon is nowhere to be seen! The value of it's presence was that multiple Explorer windows could be opened, which is often useful for doing comparisons.

Has anyone had a similar problem? - and how did you fix it please? It has been real elusive!

Regards, Mike

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Removed BBCode from the title, as it does not work there]
holdtight
Grafter

If you mean the desktop icon for IE ? if your running XP right click anywhere on your desktop select properties - desktop - customize desktop and make sure internet explorer is ticked

if your running 98 - me go to control panel - internet options - advanced and scroll down untill you find "show internet explorer on desktop" and make sure its ticked

if there is a tick already there have you been using any tweaking software ?
such as tweakui or tweakxp as its easy to lose icons in this way and you will have an option to revert your settings if you have

hope this helps you !
N/A

Hi Bill,

Brilliant - problem solved in seconds! Thank you very much for sorting this problem. I still don't know how it was lost in the first place, but I won't worry about it.

Very best wishes,
Mike