cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging onto

N/A

Logging onto

I have been a PN customer for some years and was previously with ndirect which PN incorporated some years ago.

Firstly I am regularly overseas or offshore which means I am unable to access my email via PN account so subsequently use the webmail service provided by PN. This webmail (@mail) has not evolved or changed in years...its appaling in comparison to some of the other ISP service and should surely by now be ready for an upgrade.
When I'm travelling I would like to be able to log on via a hotspot. GNER for instance provide wireless on the east coast rail routes as do many airports. However despite being able to log to the internet I am unable to send although I can recieve my emails. It would appear that PN the outgoing server using relay.plus.net is unable to log me on to the server. Surely there is a way around this or esle whats the point of having wireless access points for email in the first place.
Can anyone offer advice and can PN pleas seriously consider dumping the present version of @mail for something more user friendly less unwieldy.
BR Sad
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Logging onto

If PlusNet where to allow e-mail to be sent through relay.plus.net from all connections. This would be every spammers dream come at once. As it would create an open relay.

There has been a suggestion of providing authenticated SMTP which would require a username and password to send e-mail.

This has been raised on PUGit the usergroup issue tracker, which can be view here;
http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=203
You will need to register a PUG account, but we are a friendly bunch, and you can then register your username as a vote supporting the suggestion.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Logging onto

PS

@mail is not all that old, but there have been suggestions about replacing it with the next generation of e-mail servers.

Chilly
N/A

Logging onto

PN did offer SMPT authentication on some accounts but I've just checked the portal and it seem that they have removed these accounts. An option is to use a 3rd party SMPT either googlemail or you try the following link SMPT