cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of good uncapped unlimited UK ISP

N/A

looks like plusnet is no longer a suitable ISp for a lot of its users. I am looking for a list of good unlimited uncapped UK ISPs. I mean no usage policys no network managment. You pay for a 2mb line you can use it fully 24/7 with no restrictions. Like what plusnet was until this SUP and what not.

Dont want any ISP that have any plans to introduce any restrictions. I would browse to find myself but as i am under what would seem 24/7 managment (as things dont get much better after during peak hours).

Thanks

NorthPuprea - A plusnet customer

*Maybe if you dont know any good ISPs just list the bad one =p.. Or a direct link to a page that i can find this info. hmm maybe adslguide has it.
46 REPLIES
N/A

I'm migrating to ZEN Smiley Just requested my MAC code
N/A

is zen as far as you know 100% uncapped, unlimited etc etc.
Also how much is a 2mb line from them?
N/A

It is more expensive at £35 for 2mb but you get what you pay for. Money is not an issue in my case. I just want an honest and decent ISP. As far as I know they are unlimited.
N/A

for £35 im sure it would be an unlimited account. would i be right in assuming also a 1:20 contention?
N/A

IDnet

Hi
IDnet offer a totally uncapped 2 meg for £24, dont be put of by sparse website, I emailed and guy called me straight back.
I chose Newnet tho as i dont need unlimited....just no throtle/shaping
Satellite
N/A

It might be easier if you just looked at the companies website, it lists the connection as 50:1
N/A

Re: IDnet

Hi
IDnet offer a totally uncapped 2 meg for £24, dont be put of by sparse website, I emailed and guy called me straight back.
I chose Newnet tho as i dont need unlimited....just no throtle/shaping
Satellite

That sounds good.

Zen
IDnet

jagsman
I might but web browings here is a nightmare with new pages taking upto 10 mins to load (if they load at all) I must be under some heavy PM managment. This page refreshes fast enough though. Also no input is better than user/customer input. I dont want to hear what campanys say they have to offer i want to hear what customers have to say about these ISPs.

Thanks for the suggestions anyways it would be the sensible thing to do was this account not so slow right now.
N/A

It might be easier if you just looked at the companies website, it lists the connection as 50:1

Which despite PN's claims of 30:1 (actually that's a true claim just misleading) is the same as PN. the 30:1 only applies once you've got into the PN network - your exchange contention is still 50;1 with PN...
N/A

10 minutes to load a page is pretty shocking even if it was a restricted account which should be giving you a 56k connection at least. Shocked
N/A

To be fair,

I dont personally think that this is appropriate. The discussion of ISP's might something you wish to do, but at the best I would think that "General Chit Chat" would have been a better location as apposed to the Community Support board.
N/A

10 minutes to load a page is pretty shocking even if it was a restricted account which should be giving you a 56k connection at least. Shocked

I agree but i montior the connection 24/7 and its when you try to load a webpage like because of the way the connection is throttled i can see constant timeouts to the UK servers i am monitoring. Like the data is bottlenecking badly. It feels worse than any 56k connection. On monitoring it as soon a data trys to travel over 5k (downloading, web browing) timeout occur for 1 to 5 seconds at a time. This causing pages not to load at all of half load and sit there for seemingly ever.
N/A

To be fair,

I dont personally think that this is appropriate. The discussion of ISP's might something you wish to do, but at the best I would think that "General Chit Chat" would have been a better location as apposed to the Community Support board.

Im sry i was not thinking .. plz move it to a more appropriate place if needs be
N/A

Re: IDnet

IDnet offer a totally uncapped 2 meg for £24

You must know by now, it can't be done. Not at a reasonable speed anyway.
Even PN, who probably have more capacity per user are seemingly having to shave off every possible byte they can to keep their network running.

The only way IDnet could offer this is if all their users are light users, say less than 10G
Maybe this IDnet boot you off without a word if you go over a certain limit, it's not unknown.

A budget price results in a budget service
N/A

Here Zen talk about there usage restrictions
http://www.zenbroadband.com/ADSL.aspx?page=379

looking at IDnet there £14 offer has a 5gb limit but there higher accounts £24 say they are unlimited