cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys PAP 2 - Incoming calls

N/A

I Have a linksys PAP2 that I can make calls on without a problem.

However incoming calls dont seem to work.

I know that its not Free-online as my softphone on the PC x-lite rings fine on an incoming call. However the PAP2 does not seem to make the phone ring at all.

I have follwed the setup guide at

http://www.free-online.net/support/hardware/linksys_ATA.pdf

Outgoing fine...incoming bad! Evil
6 REPLIES
N/A

I should have added that an incoming call will get voice mail imeadiaitly so I guess something is not registering?

:?
smithg
Hooked

Just spotted you post and thought you'd like to know I'm having exactly the same problem with the Speedtouch 716WL VOIP router. Outgoing calls are fine but incoming calls are met with Voicemail immediately. Again its been setup by following Free-Online's guide.

I raised a ticket on this on the 31st March but it is on hold at the moment - I'm due to get another comment today - If it contains anything usefull I'll let you know.

Interestingly it did work for a short while last weekend (which I discovered by chance) but after a reboot of the router when I moved it to its final location (its new and I'd had it somewhere more accessible while I configured it) it stopped working again and hasn't done since.

I think there must be something wrong at Free-Online's end as we get the voice mail immediately and there is nothing in the router's log. It's as if their record of the SIP registration is missing.
petermaughan
Grafter

I too have a Speedtouch 716WL VOIP router with the same problem
petermaughan
Grafter

Incoming 0845 calls work with sip.plus.net

See the solution suggested by Graham [smithg] in the thread "Speedtouch 716WL Router".
It works for me! Cheesy
N/A

Super Tip

What a great Tip! Yes it fixed my problem perfectly...thanks for that. I had given up thought I had a Duff PAP2!

Do you think someone should tell FreeOnline that the sip.plus.net address works better than the freeOnline sip address?

Cheesy
petermaughan
Grafter

How to get a message through to FOL support

Hello antarchie,

Yes, it's great to get that problem sorted out. Thanks to Graham.

Both Graham and I have told FreeOnline what works, in replies to the support ticket system. The problem seems to be, "How to get the information to somebody higher up who is in a position to take some action?"

To be honest, I've been disappointed by the responses from FOL Support. I've had 13 exchanges on this subject and the replies have come from 10 different people. It seems that everbody there is under pressure to turn round a reply within the shortest possible time, so the replies are often shallow an ill-considered. On a couple of occasions I have been asked for the same information twice, indicating that the respondent hasn't bothered to read the whole thread. Nobody seems willing to accept that there really is a problem which needs in-depth analysis to sort it out.

At least this support group has brought together three of us with the same problem to share Graham's solution. The information remains available here to others.

Best wishes,
Peter