cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys PA2

philwaldron

Linksys PA2

I have a linksys PA2 SIP Router that works extremely well on outboud calls but when somone rings my 0845 Number they always get put to Voice Mail.

If I load X-lite and take my Linksys offline then the PC will answer Calls. From this I presume my Firwall is allowing all the correct Ports.

Any Ideas?
2 REPLIES
N/A

just an idea

Not sure this is a real stab in the dark but I read somewhere that you need to have a ring capacitor adapter thing plugged into some ATA (SIP phone adapters) so that the phone will ring. Maybe the phone isnt ringing even though the call is incoming then it just goes to voicemail. Have you tried calling the 0845 number from mobile then picking up the handset on the voip line? If the line connects (just isnt ringing) you can get one of those ring capacitor adapters from broadbandbuyer.co.uk . Just an idea!

L
N/A

Linksys PA2

Did you ever fix this problem with the PAP2?

I have the same problem with a Netgear TA612V. I have set this up using my Sipgate account details and incoming calls ring through so I know I don't need a ring capacitor and that the right ports are forwarded. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason using the Sipgate or counterpath STUN servers is the cause of the problem.