cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N/A

Sad Hi..........I have followed the tutorials and have re-traced my steps all the way and everything seems fine.however?

Problem is I can`t log into my web space.....Yes to all the following......uu=1st two letters........username has my plusnet username and path is the name of the folder I want to protect............ok so far....................the two files on line are listed(hidden) as "dot" files....I have used the online facility to create passwords which have been copied/pasted to the files.....but when I try to connect at login screen.I enter username ,hit return and have to enter username again?.if I enter username and use TAB or Mouse to enter password on second line.the log in just reappears.after the third attempt, I`m told not authorised?..................something is wrong / amiss somewhere..do I need CGI enabled ..............All I`m after is a space to keep some files with a password protection.this is not working for me....Have tried Customer support, who did advise where to look for help, but that does`nt get me any further, also been advised by C/Help that I should look in a forum for help.
Does anyone else seem to have a similar problem with password protectionHuh :?
6 REPLIES
weeeck
Grafter

Hi Chas............... Cheesy

Drop me your .htaccess & .htpasswd files and I will have a look at them.

You know the email address....... :roll:

Cheers

Welcome Back Harry Potter :shock:
N/A

Fixed

Cheers.many thanks :roll:
weeeck
Grafter

No Problems Cheesy all in a days work
N/A

Like chasriches I have set password protection of subfolder '/htdocs/My Projects/FamFriends' and completed the htaccess & htpasswd files as instructions in your webspace FAQ. However I dont get the logon screen and instead I get 'Internal Server Error' when I try to enter this folder.The folder works OK when delete contents of HTaccess file.
I have checked and rechecked and reloaded the files but without success.
I dont know if it is related but I also wish to delete two folders 'test' and 'mysite' but the system reports access denied.
Community Veteran

See the General: .htaccess tutorial for setting up password protection of a directory.

Are the test and mysite directories owned by wwwuser, if so they were created by the webserver and only support can delete them. Just raise a contact us ticket and ask for those directories to be deleted.
N/A

Many thanks and will review. No doubt you will have realised I am new to this and I greatly appeciate your help.
Having looked through the forums I have realised that I have frontpage extensions and am in process of uploading to fp.euanw.plus.com. I understand I still need to modify a few files in /htdocs to redirect to fp server. Does this mean I can remove my total website from /htdocs? Do I still use htaccess file if I use fp.username.plus .com, and if so where ?