cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kazaa 2.5

N/A

Kazaa 2.5

Has anyoen tried this new version out yet.

There site babbles on about no spyware, however, this was said about previous versions.
11 REPLIES
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

No, but I use kazaa lite which doesn't have any adds or spyware.
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

Kazaa lite is long outdated.

It currently trails behind by 2 versions (it uses 2.1 at the moment, not 2.11).

I have no intentions of using 2.5 yet, not until I find some more information from users, to see what magical crap has been included.
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

My guess would be that it contains spyware for sure. They would never just leave it out for no reason.

You could always install it and then just remove it using Spyboy Search+Destroy or AdAware.
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

I abandoned Kazaa and Kazaa Lite long ago. Emule is far better.

K and KL's days are seriously numbered. The network is falling apart. It's rife with viruses and all sorts of nasty stuff.
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

i been using Kazaa lite for about a year, found everything i ened, ( and i look for some rare stuff) i agree that the network is RIFE with viruses though, although if you can code, you can always add some code in to make sure the virus scanner of your choice scans all downloaded files

Smiley i got a friend to do it for me Smiley

marc
Community Veteran

Kazaa 2.5

i agree that the network is RIFE with viruses though, marc

Don't I know it. Cry The son of a so called friend was let loose on on of my networked PCs and talked my own son into installing Kazaa Evil
First thing I noticed was that my antivirus kept telling me a file was infected and every time it did a repair another one popped up! Didn't twig for a minute until I thought to disconnect the network from my Pc and the infections stopped.

When I investigated the 2 machines used by the kids there was over 1000 infected files in total Sad

So the moral is beware Kazaa Evil
Community Veteran

Kazaa 2.5

Funny... I've used KL a few times and I've never been infected...

Mind you, I manage to keep a pretty healthy system... so spyware, virii or anything. Cool

Thomas
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

I am debating on trying to get hold of the AVG API's to create my own mini-scanner.

From these, I hope to create a small scanner, that will check say every 10 mins, with a deep scan on the DIRs involved with P2P apps.

Normaly, virus scanners will detect a file with a virus, but in some cases,t he file has to be complete.

Due to the way it regenerates the file bit-by-bit in random order, this can result in the file not being scanned until it is run.
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

i've probably had about 10 virii from kazaa before but norton picks them up as soon as the file completes so i dont even have to run it to discover them. i have never had any "problem" with them, just norton popping up every now and again...
Community Veteran

Kazaa 2.5

Yes but you don't have teenagers who disable the Anti virus because they assume that it's slowing down the graphics on the latest super detailed game Cry
N/A

Kazaa 2.5

Yes but you don't have teenagers who disable the Anti virus because they assume that it's slowing down the graphics on the latest super detailed game Cry

Haha, that's so what I do Smiley

But it's my machine, which I paid for, so I can virus it up if I wanna Smiley