cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just transferred in a domain name but...

BestPump
Grafter

Hi all. I just transferred in a domain name from freeparking.co.uk. The domain (www.bestpump.co.uk) now points to my Plus.net account but has retained the web page title from the administration panel provided by Freeparking. I need to get this domain name completely controlled by Plus - as if it was a newly registered domain. Freeparking offer various admin tools but since I have transferred the IPSTAG to Plus.net (Force9), I don't know if I'll have any control via these tolls.

HELP!

Thanks,

JB
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The transfer shows as correct,

Registrant's Agent:
Plusnet Technologies Ltd t/a Force 9 Internet [Tag = FORCE9]
URL: http://www.force9.net

Name servers listed in order:
ns1.force9.net 195.166.128.16
ns2.force9.net 195.166.128.17

I've just had a look at your site from here and it definatly shows as the PlusNet holding page so all appears to be ok. If you are still seeing your old host clear your cache / temp internet files and retry.

Chris
BestPump
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.

I am seeing the Plus.net page but the title of the page has carried over from Freeparking.
N/A

It shows as "Welcome to Plus.Net" here.
Community Veteran

BestPump
Grafter

Thanks for the replies. All seems well now. I guess these changes can take a while to propagate.

JB
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The time the domain name is entered into our Domain Control System to full propogation around the Internet can be around 24-48 hours.

This will be because most DNS servers will cache the results of a DNS lookup for a period of time rather then checking the individual DNS servers for every single request for each domain.

I've checked your domain too and all seems OK for me too.
BestPump
Grafter

Ok, the domain name has now transferred and all is well with that. However, I now have a query with email!

When I log into member area, my mail boxes still show as the Plus email addresses: user@bestpump.plus.com. Now that I have an active domain name, shouldn't these show as user@bestpump.co.uk ?

Thanks for any and all replies.

JB
Community Veteran

The domain name masks over your existing mailboxes, the username.plus.com emails are still valid, but you will also recieve emails on your domain without any extra work.

Chris