Just transfered domain name - ?? about email

N/A

see last post
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

It can take 24-48 hours for the dns records for the domain to update.

If the issue persists this time tomorrow, either ring support or raise a ticket.
N/A

all working now! thanks for the advice!
N/A

right now that everything is working with teh site, i wondered if anyone can help with my email.

What exactly is going to happen with any emails to that domain. I used to have a "catch-all" address so that any email (anything@mydomainname.co.uk) was forwarded to my yahoo account.

Can I now get this forwarded to my plus net mail and does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for help!
N/A

If you create a mail box called info then any mail sent to info@mydomain.co.uk will arrive in that mailbox.

If you have no mailboxes set up then all mail to your .plus.com and domain will arrive in your default mailbox.
N/A

And is it possible to access my mail using outlook?
N/A

Yes it is

the username will be seanuk+mailboxname and whatever password you create.

the remainder will be as per normal.
N/A

right, well ive been testing, and left my mailboxes to just my default one. Now if an email is sent to anything@mydomain.co.uk it goes ito my plusnet email account.
I am trying to set up outlook to use for getting my mail but it keeps giving the error

Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210Cool : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

any ideas?
N/A

Hi,

If you are running Norton Security products you may see this error message.

Have a look here for further info.
N/A

hmm, i have norton products but they all been disabled, aswell as windows firewall is turnt off.

I had a try and set up using the imap settings and that has enabled me to get my emails from plusnet but when i go to send it says:

Task 'imap.plus.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
N/A

Disabling Norton products does not stop them working unfortunately.

If you are in the position to temporarily uninstall them, it may aid your diagnosis.

There are no generic mail issues with Plus Net at the moment so it is safe to assume at this stage that this is a user config error.

If you can try the steps in the article posted earlier it should go a long way to pointing us towards a resolution.