cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved my forum to PN webspace...

N/A

I have my site running on the ccgi platform now and just need to make the DNS changes to put my site live to it's users (it's being moved from another server) and now the big question - what do I do?

Basically the site currently sits at www.monkey-pie.com - for people's cookies etc to work the changeover must be as seamless as possible. Also it MUST stay as www.monkey-pie.com, not ccgi.monkey-pie.com.

What changes do I need to make? It's registered through GoDaddy, and transferring it to PN isn't a problem (shouldn't cost anything, right?) but should I maintain the GoDaddy link and point DNS to PN? I need to get things sorted sharpish, so any quick comments would be much appreciated!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Any changes to DNS will take at least 24 hours and often 48 hours before everyone will see them so it will never be seamless.

You should just move the hosting of your domain to PlusNet and keep the billing with your current registrar. Once that has been completed you then need to point the domain to your ccgi webspace via the domain names link on the left.

Details on how to move hosting can be found here.
N/A

Cheers Peter - I found the link about 3 seconds after I posted, and stuff is now in process. DNS servers have been changed to the force9 ones, and this has impacted me immediately. I've now raised a ticket for the hosting to be transferred.