cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript error just appeared - postamble?

N/A

I just uploaded a a page of my website (rebooted and reinstalled ZoneAlarm, but I doubt that's relevant) and now I get a javascript runtime error (object expected).

I also get it on other pages in my webspace. It seems to be originating from the last line with postamble in it.

<script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

Where did that come from and how can the problem be resolved?

TIA
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ZA or ZA pro? and are you running V5 (the latest). If so this is too buggy and not recommended.

In ZA make sure you disable the privacy settings cookie control and ad blocking as they are more trouble then they are worth - i.e. don't use them.

Disable and uninstall ZA and see if the problem still occurs.

Note: the privacy settings in ZA change your HTML page and inserts extra code which might be what your seeing.

Can you post a URL to a page with the problem so I can try.
Community Veteran

Just checked your www.webwise.plus.com test page and It's ZA's ad blocking that's adding that postamble line. Turn it and the cookie control off and your problems will go away.
N/A

Thanks for the info, Peter - you are nearly always the first person who replies to my posts Cheesy

Oh bollards! I had just spent ages reinstalling ZA. I upgraded to Pro - didn't like it and went back to the Free version. Then animated gifs didn't work and so I had to uninstall ZA altogether and then I installed version 5 (free) and set it all up.

So I have the free one yet somehow the Pro stuff is seeping through - why did ZA make so many mistakes with version 5 Sad Cry.
N/A

I uninstalled v5 and reinstalled v4 and now it's all back to normal (I had to clear the browser cache too).

Thanks Peter Wink