cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It will be worth it when...

N/A

I havent really played with VOIP yet but the thing that doesnt make me care about it is that fact that you have to have your pc on all the time if you wanna use it (am i right?). Now what would be good is if you could plug your phone into your dsl router/normal phone line and then mke your calls via that. So basically everytime you dial out its using voip but when someone dials your normal phone line, the VOIP phone rings.

That would be a spanking idea!
11 REPLIES
N/A

You already can Cheesy

With products from Zyxel available, as a combined modem, router and phone adapter, and even the Draytek product range like the 2600V.

The 2600+ also features the ability to use a single phone for both VoIP calls and your normaly phone line, with a single button press to switch between the two, when making an outgoing call.

You can get all sorts from Grandstream VoIP phones, that do all the work for you, so all you do once configured, is leave it plugged into your LAN.

Zyxel even provide a WiFi VoIP phone, so you can roam around your house making calls over the internet, though roaming via hotspots may not be so simple.

So no, you don't need your computer on all the time, but the most basic and cheapest setup for this, you do.
N/A

Well slap my backside and call me a slapper! :lol:

Thats brilliant. I shall do some surfing! No doubt none of these work with plustalk though! :roll:
N/A

The Draytek 2600V works just fine for me, although there are a few issue I have related to the setup I am trying to achieve, which isn't your normal every day setup.

Somebody having posted here about a Grandstream phone, managed to get it hooked up to PlusTalk OK once pointed in the right direction.
N/A

Cool, just looking at the Grandstream product page. Im not to sure which of the little blackboxes is the box of tricks i am looking at. Hmmm :?:
N/A

Cool, just looking at the Grandstream product page. Im not to sure which of the little blackboxes is the box of tricks i am looking at. Hmmm :?:

Hi.
my m8 has a 2600v now i can dial his plustalk number with xlite and his phone rings that is plugged into his 2600v and we can talk but he cant dial me from the same handset any ideas?
N/A

First suggestion is to try setting up a dialplan entry in the 2600v, so that a number like 555 will dial plustalk@shnw19335.plus.com

If this fails, I can only suggest it being a issue with your own clients registration.

Your friend may also be able to get hold of a debug log, to help find out the cause.

First, open a telnet window for the 2600v and type "voip debug flush" and hti return.

Then he should make an attampt to dial you.

When it fails, he should then type "voip debug showmsg". He will need to copy thr entire message history, to get enough information.

I would suggest a client like putty for this. After entering the "showmsg" command, he can click the icon int he top left corner, and click "Copy all To Clipboard".

I would suggest raising a new thread for this, or a mod splitting this one off, as I can only see this getting very long and off-tack from the original post.
N/A

we got it working

I am the m8 refered to by shnw and we have figured it out and can now talk fine. The cool thing with the vigor is it has two lines...so when no one loves me i can ring and chat to myself!

Rob
N/A

Hi There

The devices that we will be recommending are the ZyXel ATA p2002L and the Thompson Speedtouch router 7126 which is voip enabled.
N/A

Hi There

The devices that we will be recommending are the ZyXel ATA p2002L and the Thompson Speedtouch router 7126 which is voip enabled.

Does either of these support automatic switching to receive incoming PSTN calls on the same phone used for VoIP?
N/A

If the Zyxel 2002L product is the one on the website, then yes.

It has a lifeline port, which will allow outgoing and incoming calls thorugh it.

You can set it up to make all calls to specific number go through the phone line (like 999, 100, 118xxx), any numbers you phone with a prefix (user definable) or if for example a powercut occurs, it will auto-fallback to the lifeline port.
N/A

Thanks Phil - that would be just the job then Smiley

Deb.