cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s a miracle.

N/A

It’s a miracle.

I am perplexed, :? while uploading my results from a qualification round for the game Americasarmy my firewall (Nortons internet security) informed me I was under attack. I looked at the IP address of the PC that had run a port scan on me and thought that looks familiar, ran a trace and was very surprised when :shock: “you’ve guest” it was my IP address and login name.plus.com.

Any ideas anyone.
7 REPLIES
N/A

It’s a miracle.

I'm guessing that your pc is infected with a virus, most of them (the virus')seem to be working on Lan's and ip's in the same range. So it went out on port say 2430 and in on 135.
N/A

It’s a miracle.

Are you sure it said your IP was attacking you.

Remember, there are two parties to a connection. The sender and the recipient will depend on the direction of data transit.

What IP, if any, does the firewall show as the second entry.
N/A

It’s a miracle.

Hi Goose and Philip

Goose, downloaded latest virus definitions and ran the scan, 1 found, a Verifierbug. Class what ever that is. Nortons has quarantined it, could not be fixed. I have sent it to symantec for analysis.

Philip, double double checked, the attack originated from my IP address according to the trace. I’m not sure, I think the second entry is 206.204.52.216.

Well its happened again I’ve attacked myself again tonight I think I will send myself an E-mail re these attacks and report myself to my ISP Smiley Ha Ha.

On a more serious note do U think I’ve miss configured my firewall, the virus done it or is it possible someone has assumed my net identity and is having a laugh. I did'nt think this was possible hence the title of this post. Hang on the virus is in jail, thats one suspect eliminated.

Thanks for the input guys, (assuming Goose is a guy of course, if not no offence intended)
N/A

It’s a miracle.

Update

Still running port scans on myself every time I connect to AA had a fiddle with the config to no avail. Had additional problems also, Autocad 2002 LT wouldn’t open at all and win98se hangs almost every time I shutdown and occasionally during start up.

When I uninstalled Nortons and the above seem to work fine. I have cured the cad problem with a patch from Autodesk site.

Beginning to think Nortons wasn’t such a good choice for my internet security. :x
N/A

It’s a miracle.

Beginning to think Nortons wasn’t such a good choice for my internet security. :x

I have to agree there. The norton firewall installed on a friends machine is disabled every time the machine is rebooted. I'm no beginner but I cant find a way to stop it. Try zonealarm instead.
csogilvie
Grafter

It’s a miracle.

I disagree... Norton Internet Security has been fine for me, is always active on rebooting and can be removed without rendering the internet useless.
N/A

It’s a miracle.

I used to use Norton, I'm convinced after 12 months useage of both, McAfee's product is the better.
Regards.