cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting loads of email viruses blocked?

N/A

Just recently in the past 2 or 3 days I and others on the "brealeyfam" account have been getting a lot of emails sent to us saying that they were blocked by PlusNet because they contained viruses. The odd thing is I've also been getting viruses (not blocked) on my alternate email, not linked with PlusNet at all, a completely different emailing system and address.
The viruses so far have been different, as far as I can tell, accept for one I recieved today which is exactly the same.
I've also been told by other online contacts that they've had similar emails on both their yahoo and hotmail accounts.
So I'm just wondering if there's some sort of "outbreak" of viruses being sent to accounts at the moment.
Anybody else experiencing this on your PN or other accounts?
4 REPLIES
tangey
Grafter

Yeap, this last 4-5 days, I've been getting 100-150 emails a day from plusnet telling me they've blocked a virus, its always the sober.P virus. They come in, in blocks of 50 or so emails.

Its nice to have the virus blocked, but now the volume of "we blocked a virus" is becoming very tiresome. Can we not just have a summation report, or possibly a configurable so as NOT to get a "we blocked a virus" email at all ?
N/A

Take a look HERE

It does look like a sudden increase in email virus traffic.
N/A

That was really interesting to look at. I notice that Netsky Q seems to be dying out now, as I used to receive loads of e-mails containing the virus.

A couple of those Eicar test files blocked would've been heading for my e-mail address, by the way, as I was checking Kaspersky anti-virus out! Shockedops:
N/A

If you want to test using the Eicar virus, probably best to down load one, or try to send it using an account which doesn't have virus checking.

I've had a noticeable increase in the number of e-mails with viruses, whether they be blocked by PN or otherwise.