cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritating Pop-ups since KAZAA LITE Installed

N/A

My children have installed Kazaa Lite and ever since numerous irritating pop up adverts have begun to appear whenever using Internet Explorer (regardless of what site we are viewing).

Does anyone know how to stop this happening
8 REPLIES
N/A

That is part of Kazaa, adverts are how they make money.
You need to install Diet Kazaa from www.dietk.com and configure it to run before starting kazaa. (note the page is down at the moment)
Installing Kazaa also installs another programme , that I cannot remember the name of as I have removed it, but this also brings up popups. Search through "Add & Remove programmes" and look for anything new or anything to do not recognise and remove it.
N/A

it IS part of Kazaa, however as they installed KazaaLite it is NOT part of that package!

If Kazaa the full version was installed firstly just installing kazaalite will not remove the spy-ware etc...

However, it seems that they did not install the full version so that isnt applicable.

Some people have reported pop-ups even with KazaaLite, and as there are many varietys of KazaaLite doing the rounds, its possible that you could of dowloaded one that was LABELLED "lite" but wasnt actually lite at all or the version didnt have ALL the spyware completely disabled?

On a side-note, the adverts that Kazaa has should only appear when using Kazaa, - you use the program, you see the adverts- SO... is there any chance they have downloaded something else that IS generating these adverts?
N/A

zone alarm pro should kill these.
regards
Kai
N/A

You need to either get spybot search+destroy or AdAware. These will remove any spy-ware that was installed [which would cause the popups]. I think it might have been you didn't download a correct version of kazaalite.

Once you have removed the spyware [and removed Kazaa through add/remove programs] then you can get a real copy of K-Lite here.
N/A

I also have popups since son down loaded Kazaa. I have installed Panicware pop up killer and run Spy bot but now gettting lots of pop up full screen search engines like 'search the USA.' These are now shutting down my own work and Ive had to resort to disconnecting from the net. I may as well be on dial up. Any advise please
Fran
N/A

Have you tried uninstalling Kazaa, and then using either of the two products I mentioned above? IT may be that even if you remove the spyware, simply opening kazaa reinstalls it. After removing all versions of kazaa, and after running spoybot again, you can get a problem free copy of kazaa-lite from k-lite.tk.
N/A

pop ups

Many thanks - did as you say and also ran spybot again- pop ups all gone hooray!! but----- SADLY, now I cant open attachments to my bona fide emails from reputable sources- message says oe has removed access to unsafe attachments. Any ideas?
Fran
N/A

This is a security setting applied by a MS patch.

If you wish to make the risk, reduce the security level in the OE preferances.