cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Dissconnects Randomly?

N/A

Hey, ive had PlusNet for about 5 months or so now, and my internet just randomly dissconnects, could be 1 hour, could be 10. But PlusNet promise always on, im on 2MB Premier and using a Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem, no routers or anything. Also when i click the 2 blue flashing screens in the system tray saying im connected, it has alot of Recieved errors but no Sent errors. I'm thinking this might be causing the problem, can someone please help? ty
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

There are many possible reasons for frequent disconnects, most of which involve the users equipment, wiring or even electrical interference.

The ADSL Troubleshooting tutorial and the Wiring and Filters tutorials are great starting points for diagnosing problems.

Check them out and let us know how you get on.

Rest assured that synchronisation errors or disconnects are not caused by Plus Net.
N/A

Nope still no joy Cry
N/A

Do you get any noise on phone calls? like a white noise sound? have all your phone connections, including sky got filters on them?
N/A

No i dont hear any noise, all my phone lines have filters, i dont have sky, i have analogue T.V any other ideas?

oh and im using a Alcatel Speedtouch USB Modem which i brought. PlusNet have me a crappy Voyager 205 router.
N/A

Hi,

If you have tested everything stated in the tutorials and are confident that the problem is not with your equipment. Then raise a tticket to support.

Outline the steps you have taken to eliminate your wiring and equipment and ask them to investigate.

Note the warning regarding the BT charge for faults which turn out to be caused by your equipment and internal wiring.