cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent no connection…. Is it just me ???

davebrown
Grafter

When I try to dial out on plustalk I get a recorded message saying it’s not possible to connect your call try again in 5 mins.
This probably happens well over 50% of the time Cry

Dave
16 REPLIES
N/A

SIP to SIP calls tonight aren't getting through to a PN customer that I've tried calling. It doesn't ring at their end.

I only found this out after they tried to call me. It didn't ring at my end either.

And PSTN out calls aren't working either. Just silence and then an error tone. Doesn't ring at the number that is being called.

PlusTalk is, currently, a total waste of time. A "value add" (according to PlusNet) which doesn't add value. I think I might as well leave - I'd rather pay more money somewhere else for something that works.
N/A

I think I might as well leave - I'd rather pay more money somewhere else for something that works.

I'm rapidly coming to the same conclusion. I bought a router with built-in VOIP in order to take advantage of plus talk. If the service doesn't work, I'd rather pay for something that does. And that's just one less reason to stay with plus net.
N/A

I have the same problem with the message from PN saying try again in 5 mins.
Pinging 'sip.plus.net' results in 'Request Timed Out' but whether this is related I don't know.
I have outstanding questions with PN but they don't appear to be rushing to reply so maybe they have problems. If so I wish they would say so and not waste my time trying all possible setup parameters.
davebrown
Grafter

Hi all,
Don’t get many posts like this :shock:
Thank you Plusnet Smiley

Checked Plustalk tonight and it’s all working 100%, Connects, Ring, Sound quality reasonable, and my free minutes are now being calculated correctly.

Just keep my fingers crossed it stays that way, and hope I don’t get a 8 MEG downgrade until the problems are resolved.

Dave
N/A

Yes Plustalk was working for me last night and is still working today. Cheesy
It's a pity the 'Status Indicator' does not reflect the true condition. I spent considerable time with my HandyTone 486 trying to get it to work only to find the fault was with PlusNet all the time.
Let's hope it keeps working !!!
N/A

Plustalk is not working again. Calls time out after 20-30 secs.
Happens both with the phone and with X-lite so the problem is with PlusNet.
davebrown
Grafter

I was good when it lasted!
If it’s not broken don’t mess about with it !...
Think I will put a ticket in & see how long it takes for the reply… “IF” I get one…
Bet the status is still showing as OK.
Getting fed up with this…
Dave
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I continue to receive totally unreliable service from PlusTalk.

Last night I managed a call to a BT PSTN number and it cut-off after one minute exactly!

Infuriating. Unfortunately, I have just over £14 credit with PlusTalk, serves me right I guess for assuming......

Regards.....Noel
N/A

Plustalk unreliability

It's 2 August. I try and use Plustalk during the day for the 'free' calls but it almost never works. Today I tried 5 times and all the calls resulted in a long silence then a fast engaged tone.

Tonight at 2330 hrs I tried a call and it rang.

As things stand, it's a waste of my time even trying to use Plustalk. I have a Linksys box that works fine, with an analogue phone wired into it. All the settings are correct. It's just that the system is hopeless.

Trouble is, the PlusNet status never reports any issues with Plustalk except the 0845 number going to answerphone.
N/A

Yes the system is hopeless but if you look at some of the posts in PUG (plusnet usergroup), they are aware of the problems. However, they seem reluctant to reference them in the 'Service Status'
This morning so far out-going calls are working but for me in-coming calls go to voice mail. A problem they are supposed to have cured !!!
It's a bad time for PlusNet to have such big troubles, while, at the same time, 'Talk Talk' have apparently taken on 500.000 new customers in the last 8 weeks. Nobody is going to reccommend PlusNet while their Broadband phone system is so chaotic.
davebrown
Grafter

Same here, this has been going on for ages.
I have put a ticket in but no reply :x
Come on PlusNet get it sorted !

Dave
N/A

Yowser - I've just managed to make a call this morning on VoiP.

That's the first since 26 July.
N/A

Oh dear. I spoke too soon.

Tried a couple of times to call a London number at 1700hrs and got dead silence followed by the fast engaged tone again.
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As a matter of interest, on another string the following echo-tests have been tried......

Free World Dial **393613 and
Voipfone **867152

I get excellent and consistent results with both the above, but unreliable responses from 7000 and from attempts to dial a BT landline number.

I'm sure we can be certain that the fault is not in our settings or equipment.

I do feel that we are at least due an explanation from PlusNet.

Regards........Noel