cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing PHPNuke On PlusNet Webspace....

N/A

Hello....

I've just signed up to Plusnet and I would like to know if it possible to run PHPNuke from my freewebspace provided by plusnet.

I have read all info on the cgi space and realise that the files have to be run from here. Have any other users managed to setup PHPNuke on their free space.

Any pointers would be very helpful....

Thanx in advance

Nolz :?:
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Many users have PHPNuke running. Just don't put the files in cgi-bin on the cgi server - i.e. create a separate directory outside of cgi-bin and install in there.

You have to enable your CGI and MySQL space via My Account first. You should then get emails detailing the necessary info to use both.

Just follow the install instructions and if you have a problem post back.
N/A

Thanks

Thanks for the info...much appreciated ....

I will have a look in more detail tonight and get back to you...

Carl Cheesy
N/A

Well Ive tried to run phpnukrI followed the form fro plus net turned into a distaster Ive posted but my post snever appear
Community Veteran

Sorry, no idea what you were trying to say there. Can you explain again what your problem is or what you are trying to do please.
N/A

Thank you Peter for your reply Ive been trying to install phpnuke in my web space on plus net and failed due to my inexperance and misleading information. I have also been having problems with other aspects of my plus net sevice, support tickets I raise often vanish , when I look at them the words have turned into gibberish and if I get a reply it sometimes comes in the form of several dupdlicated emails. With phpnuke I cannot work out where to put the files and when I have put the in the wrong place I cannot then remove them. I think I need to go to a specilised hosting company. mharvey