cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible Adaptor - Netgear TA612V

N/A

Well after months of trying to get any sensible help from F( support I have finally concluded that a) they dont want to help and b) the Netgear TA612V running open firmware is not going to work properly with the VOIP SIP implementation F9 have.
It is possible to get outgoing calls to work fine (although you will need to use either the IP address or sip.plus.net for the sip proxies usually) but incoming calls won't work properly. The phone will ring but it being answered isn't acknowledged by the SIP servers. This appears to be because the TA doesn't like the accpetance packet sent by the server and drops it.
3 REPLIES
orrery
Grafter

It appears that nothing much does work with the F9 VOIP.

I tried the ZyXel VOIP ATA bought from F9 and eventually had to return it, now I have Sipura SPA1001 and this has the same issues - works fine with sipgate though.

Try sipgate.co.uk for free and get a proper UK number too.

regards, Ian
N/A

try these setting I use them with my speedtouch router

I had to tell F9 how to set up my router for voip calls

sip URL enter voicemail box number only
username as above
password xxxx make yours up
confirm password xxx as above
display name blank
Abbrevited number blank
port 1

service config
register sip.plus.net
reg port 5060
proxy sip.plus.net
proxy port 5060
Expire time 3600
N/A

That is pretty much how I have it setup (except there is no SIP URL in the TA612V). Using sip.force9.net meant it wouldn't even ring when someone called me but when I used sip.plus.net at least the call rings, although I can't accept the call anyway so it makes little difference.

BTW I have a Sipgate account and have for a couple of years now and as always this works perfectly on the same TA.