cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call problem

N/A

Incoming call problem

I've got a Grandstream 486 working with PlusTalk. For outgoing calls everything is perfect, but if someone dials my 0845 number the phone rings at my end but when i answer it i just hear silence. The caller just hears the normal ringtone as if i haven't even picked the phone up. My router is a BT Voyager 240. I presume it's got something to do with the router but i'm not sure and i'm not sure which settings to change on it.

Please help.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Incoming call problem

Hi,
I have just found out I have the same problem, although with a different adaptor.
Did you find a solution?
Community Veteran

Incoming call problem

I have something similar using the SJphone softphone rather than an ATA.

I get an incoming call, and I answer it then 30s into a call while talking the caller is told I did not answer and gets diverted to voicemail. I have raised a ticket with PN.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Incoming call problem

Hi,
I can't offer you a solution with that.

However I have just sorted mine out - I opened the ports in my router as suggested by PN. I can now receive calls.
N/A

Incoming call problem

I have something similar using the SJphone softphone rather than an ATA.

I get an incoming call, and I answer it then 30s into a call while talking the caller is told I did not answer and gets diverted to voicemail. I have raised a ticket with PN.

Actualy it appears to be 32 seconds. My theory is that because it is Free then they restrict certain aspects in order to sell the full package.

I was using SJ softphone but now use X-lite. It does not ring my Waitec USB phone lowd like SJ softphone does but the incoming calls do not seem to have a limit.

The X-lite can be configured to ring through the speakers.