cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Calls

N/A

Inbound Calls

Being a bit of a n00b with PT here, but I assume that if someone calls my 0845 number, my software should identify it as an incoming call.

Currently when I call it from my home number, I get the voicemail answer greeting.

Anyone else having the same issue?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Inbound Calls

Others have also experienced problems with incoming calls. It could be down to your settings but it's more likely to be at PN end. To test this you could open a sipgate account, which is free to do, and you can select your own telephone number. The calls are also cheaper. This is what I have done. I use Plustalk just for the free evening and weekend calls and at other times sipgate. I have still got an open ticket with PN as I can't make any free calls even though I have only used 83 minutes of the 120 minutes I'm entitled to. This has been going on since Tuesday and they do not seem to be worried about it as they have informed it's an added value service and not part of my contract. Sipgate web site is www.sipgate.com
N/A

Inbound Calls

I have the same problem, outgoing works ok, incoming goes to voicemail. However, my problem could be because I using it via my Metronet broadband connection?

I have VoIP configured on my Draytek 2800VG, two accounts (DrayTel and PlusTalk). DrayTel incoming and outgoing works ok but PlusTalk can only dial out.

Anyone know if incoming calls will only work if I'm connected on my PN broadband connection?
N/A

Inbound Calls

PlusTalk will work on any connection putting aside firewall issues. I have tested this by using friends wireless connections using SJphone on a PDA. I did receive an incoming call from a mobile but did not check to see if it would work using a BT line. If you look at other threads people have been experiencing problems only from BT landlines. Personally I believe it's down to the PlusTalk platform as I cannot make any calls using my free call allowance, have only used 83 minutes of the 120. PN are still looking at the problem. Do I think they they will correct the problem soon, it's been a week and their attitude is summed up with their last response to me

You pay for broadband thats all you pay for. All other services are value added unless they have there own sperate billed amount. As for restoring the calls my colleage has tried to tell you there is a problem and this is being worked on. Until it is fixed we cannot do anything

Regarding the problems with incoming calls PN have known about the problem for the last 7 months, see other threads, and users are still having problems.
N/A

Inbound Calls

Thanks, yep, I'd read the numerous other post about incoming call problems but just wondered whether my problem was due to the fact that I was trying PlusTalk through a different broadband connection.

Plustalk was just made available to me today so haven't had the chance to test while connected via PN - I'll should get a chance to test it later today though.

Quote:
You pay for broadband thats all you pay for. All other services are value added unless they have there own sperate billed amount.

So are they saying that if you're paying for one of the PlusTalk packages they would be more responsive!!?
N/A

Inbound Calls

I did think about adding credit into the account to see if I made any evening calls whether my credit get deducted or the time get added to the included minutes. The reason I have not done this is the fact £5 is the minimum amount and I still have credit with Skype and if my free calls are deducted from my credit would it ever be resolved by PN?

When my Skype credit is used up I will use sipgate for non free calls and only use PlusTalk for free calls. With sipgate you can pick yor own telephone number so you are do stuck with a 0845 number, which is another plus.