Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Domains

Redviper
Grafter

Importing Domains

Hi

I have jsut signed up with Plusnet, and i have just registred a domain name with 123-reg.co.uk, but if i try to transfer this accross i get this error

"You can't transfer this domain inwards until your current domain host changes the IPS tag to FORCE9."

I have no idea what this means and how to resolve this problem

Can any one help, it would be greatly apreciated

Ste
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Importing Domains

Sounds like you are trying to transfer both the billing and the hosting to plusnet. It's the billing transfer that requires the IPStag to be changed. You only want to move the hosting.

Click help at the top then webspace then follow the domain help pages to only move your HOSTING to plusnet (by changing the nameservers associated with your domain to plusnets).
LiamM
Grafter

Importing Domains

This is the path you need to follow, it's known as DNS Only Hosting :

New Query > Technical Support > Domain Names > Transfering an existing domain name in to host on my account > Any .uk Domain -or- Any other domain > Manual Transfer (DNS Only Hosting)
Redviper
Grafter

Importing Domains

Hi

Thanks for your replys i am new to all these so please go easy.

I tried to follow the path, but I cant find it anywhere, is there a link for this

Ste
Redviper
Grafter

Importing Domains

I found the path , ive sent a mesage now

thanks
LiamM
Grafter

Importing Domains

No problem.

However, have you already changed over the Nameservers, as I believe this is required before they will update it on their side.
Redviper
Grafter

Importing Domains

Hi

I have figured it all out (Cha Ching!), and have put a request in with my domain name provider) i will then place a message via the route given to me, anf then all should be sorted

Thanks for your help

Ste