cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address

N/A

IP Address

When i type my ip address in the address bar, i get to type mmy username and password, what username and password is it, and when i click enter what page do i see, do i get access to my PC or what?

Shed some light in this please.

Thanks
Sundeep
8 REPLIES
N/A

IP Address

You will be trying to connect to your routers web interface, the user and pass will be the default ones unless you have changed them. and when you login you will see the setup of your router and how to change things etc, unless it is your intenal ip and then you are trying to conenct to a local share and thus use ur username and password (or the admine user // pass) and you will see the share eg C:\

Buz
N/A

IP Address

Oh seen thanks, i checked i get to see my router details, how do i configure it so i can see my shares, i.e. C:
N/A

IP Address

Oh seen thanks, i checked i get to see my router details, how do i configure it so i can see my shares, i.e. C:

I doubt very much you can, the only way to do that that i know of would be remote desktop or VNC, or perhaps a webserver all running on that PC
N/A

IP Address

Oh, ok, i have Winodows XP Pro, i cannot configure webserver can in that, i need windows server o/s. Ill try VNC or remote desktop
N/A

IP Address

No, you can run a webserver on any windows OS (with maybe the exception of 95) Try
Apache
Abbys
or Xitami
N/A

IP Address

oh ok, do i have to download softwares from them and then configure a webserver in my windows xp
N/A

IP Address

Yes
The easiest would probably be abbys:
http://www.download.com/3000-2165-10079200.html
Pretty straght forward
N/A

IP Address

thanks that was a good softeware