cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS Hosting, Please Help

N/A

IIS Hosting, Please Help

Ok This is where I am at,

I have a webiste (www.whatever.co.uk) and under the DNS record on here I have selected:

Left field: www
Type:a
Pri:
Right field: (External) Internet IP Address

Now am I rught in thinking that this should now link my www.whatever.co.uk to my external IP provided by Plus.net?

If I've got this bit right then I'll move on.

I Have IIS 5.1 running on a machine

On IIS I have done the following under the website tab:

Description: Whatever.co.uk Site
State: Running
Host Header Name: www.whatever.co.uk
I.P Address: 192.168.0.3 (This being the PC's Local IP)
Port: 80

Also on my wireless router I have forwarded port 80 to 192.168.0.3. Is this correct? or does it need to be forwarded to my external IP.

I think that pretty much covers it. Oh one other thing I noticed is to do with the Host Header Name. If I leave it blank then when I type in my local IP the web site comes up. But if I fill it in with the website i want my IP linked to the website does not come up. (Although this is all local and I don't know if it affects anything I thought I'd just say)

Oh and if you wana do a DNS test on www.dnsreport.com for me, please do, cause i don't know what any of that stuff means LOL. The site domain name I'm trying to get running is www.fenceproductions.co.uk

Hope some one can help me out with that, lol

Cheers
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

IIS Hosting, Please Help

Please avoid starting multiple threads. I'm going to lock your previous one as this contains a little more info from you.
N/A

IIS Hosting, Please Help

Sorry, just that no one seems to be able to help me....
N/A

IIS Hosting, Please Help

you need it forwarded to an external ip address for it to work :-)
N/A

IIS Hosting, Please Help

K, but my router thing says Internal IP, or can Ignore that and enter the external one?