cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE7 release

geoffers
Grafter

IE7 release

I appreciate the love/hate relationship with MSoft, but they have just released a free download of IE7 at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx - it looks pretty good so far - now has tabbed pages which is a great help

Cheers, G
14 REPLIES
Dave_A
Dabbler

IE7 release

Or even check out Firefox 2, I know where good old M$ got their idea
Phil_Collins
Grafter

IE7 release

I'm with "thealder" I'll stick with Mozilla Firefox thanks .. Shocked)
N/A

Re: IE7 release

I appreciate the love/hate relationship with MSoft, but they have just released a free download of IE7 at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx - it looks pretty good so far - now has tabbed pages which is a great help

Cheers, G

Why are you excited by the features of Internet Explorer when Opera & Firefox have had these features for YEARS? its no wonder Microsoft have such a strange hold on customers because most window users are scared of trying alternative software.
mjtuohy
Grafter

IE7 release

My son has just installed the latest firefox browser on the spare p/c in the bedroom . It has windows ME on it so when IE7 came out I was a bit sad as it is only available for XP computers,like the main pc downstairs. But this Firefox is just as good and my son says its a lot more secure. Brings the spare pc a bit more up to date again.
N/A

Re: IE7 release

I've looked at the latest IE7 and its still missing a few key features. Namely reopening tabs you accidentally closed, mouse gestures, adblock, and per-site script blocking. Maybe in IE8 eh?
shellsong
Grafter

IE7 release

Good grief! Haven't they even implemented "undo closed tab"? I've been using that for years now-- it's sooo last milennium not to have implemented it! :shock: :lol:

Mouse gesture I can manage without but Adblock with Filterset.G Updater is invaluable
N/A

IE7 release

I can't survive without mouse gestures. I just get annoyed when I find out I can't use it in other programs such as Microsoft Excel/Word at work. Everyone keeps looking at me funny.. :d
ady
Grafter

IE7 release

the best feature invented =

hold right click + left click and vice versa (previous/next page fyi)

i would love this to be standard in everything Tongue
N/A

IE7 release

Try http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/ for mouse gestures.
N/A

IE7 release

the best feature invented =

hold right click + left click and vice versa (previous/next page fyi)

i would love this to be standard in everything Tongue

Hows that work? in FFox? extension?
N/A

IE7 release

The switch ti IE7 was a very aprehensive one. I use FF as my main browser but occassionally use IE when FF simply wont do.
I was put off though after insalling IE7 and then trying to use my webmail on my mail server, the frames were all screwy. I couldnt see the menu or the emails that had been received.

Hmmm...Ill not bother using it.
sophos9
Grafter

IE7 release

Firefox 2 has the coolest utility, the dictionary!

Superb for when you are mspellnig posts lol Cheesy
Community Veteran

IE7 release

I only use IE for testing webpages if a site refuses to work in FF I refuse to use it.

As for the tab rescue feature it came in rather handy yesterday...

Also, I'm moving this to everything internet where it is more appropriate.
retep
Grafter

IE7 release

Forgetting the in and outs of IE against Firefox. IE 7 will have a large number of users soon as MS are making it an optional (but recommended) release in their windows update system.

If you have a website you should test it in IE7 if there is a problem with your site people will assume its your web sites problem not an IE7, IE6 or Firefox problem.

As a matter of interest I am already seeing 2-3% of visitors to my web sites using IE7 thats about 1/3 of the number of Firefox visitors and its only a week or two after IE7 live release.