cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE6

N/A

IE6

can anyone tell me why,when i have several web pages open in IE6 and i close one all the pages are closed?Could you also tel me how to set the brow
-ser to open as a full page instead of minimised?

Regards
Bob

Many thanks to Paul Wade,top drawer answer.The first question is still unresolved however.For example,my home page is Google and when i do a search and thereby open another page and then maybe another page and then click to close one page, the whole browser closes not just the one page.
I hope this is now clearer.

Bob
3 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

IE6

Don't understand the first thing - do you mean they all show as open in the bar down the bottom, then all close when you shut one of them?

To get it full screen, open a page, then drag it to full screen size using the hooks tht appear when you hover on the corners, not by clicking the maximise box.. Close it, and the next time you open it, it should be full page.

No doubt some bright spark will just tell you to use Firefox. I keep meaning to try that myself, but never get round to it.
Community Veteran

IE6

OK if you insist I will be that bright spark! Use Firefox! Much nicer than IE and more secure lots of people say that tabbed browsing is good but i don't use it myself so can't comment! While I'm at it try thunderbird and open office as well! :lol:
N/A

IE6

This seems to a better way to open IE full size.
Start > All programs > Internet explorer > Properties > Short cut > Run maximised.
Must be the drop down menu IE icon, not the recent progams one. Won't work on desk top icon either.
After it's used once all other IE shortcuts will update to open full size