cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE6 problem

N/A

IE6 problem

When i open IE6 browser it opens with a full page,but when i open another
link i only get a very small page.Please help.

Regards,Bob
7 REPLIES
N/A

IE6 problem

Hi Bob,

When you click on a link that calls for a _blank browser you get a minimized browser open in the middle of your monitor. If you then look at the top right hand corver you will see 3 buttons. The one on the left being a small _ slightly hanging to the left and then a box and last of all a red X.

If you click on the center one ( the box looking one ) you will maximise your browser and have full screen viewing.

Regards,
N/A

IE6 problem

Many thank's for your speedy reply,however,this situation is only a recent one.
Previously,every time i opened a new page it did so maximised.Could this be a problem with the browser?
Alecto
Grafter

IE6 problem

If you right click the IE icon, select properties, and select the Open Maximized option, that should do it.

Or when you open a small IE screen, stretch it to fill the screen, then close it, and it should come up maximized next time.
holdtight
Grafter

IE6 problem

If it doesnt then try maximising the page and then holding down ctrl - alt - shift at the same time then close the window with the cross in the corner not file - exit it should re-open maximised

This quite often works if it doesnt then drag the small window on all sides untill its as wide as you can get it then use the same keys to close it again with the cross and not file - exit

Bill.
N/A

IE6 problem

This could also be the html in the website he is visiting that is scripted to open a new page at a certain size, i know the one I am currently working on, you click on a detailed image link, and it opens up a new page at a set size
N/A

IE6 problem

Many thank's for all the answers,problem now solved.

Cheers,Bob
holdtight
Grafter

IE6 problem

Out of interest Bob what was the problem in the end ?