cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE6 Language problem

Nomad
Dabbler

IE6 Language problem

I have a problen on a couple of sites i have on Plusnet when i go into them it says that i need to install the hebrew language pack!!!!! It's never done this before? it only asks this on plusnet web sites, can anybody throw any light on this for me as i am stuck!!! Cry
15 REPLIES
aviationradio
Grafter

IE6 Language problem

Hello ,i also have this problem it shows on my home page which is hosted by Plus.Net - my home page is www.hamsoft.co.uk

Can anyone help please.

Terry.

PS The problem only started around 30 minutes ago.
Nomad
Dabbler

IE6 Language problem

Yep this is about when mine started, thanks for joining in, I feel a lot better now, I was worried i had done something nasty to my websites!!!
N/A

IE6 Language problem

i tried that URL in IE6 and this is not happening for me.
Nomad
Dabbler

IE6 Language problem

When you get the problem if you click on the 'X' to close the language box then click back then forward again it goes in!! What is going onHuh? HELP :shock:
Nomad
Dabbler

IE6 Language problem

Just tried it using Firefox and all works OK?? stranger and stranger :shock: :?
N/A

IE6 Language problem

This is normaly caused by your own HTML.

Having looked at the pages, and at what the server actualy sends, I can't see anything that would be causing thsi from a PlusNet perspective.

Aviationradio

<p align="left">Â </p>

I noticed this on your page. Is this suppose dot be their?
aviationradio
Grafter

IE6 Language problem

Im now able to access my web pages without being told i need to install the Hebrew language but i now have lots of random letter A A A -s scattered on the various pages of my site.

This is mad.

Terry.

I have tried many reboots etc but still the same.
aviationradio
Grafter

IE6 Language problem

I forgot to mention i am using the Plus.Net online web building tool and not my own html - i wouldnt know where to start :-(.

T.
N/A

IE6 Language problem

After a quick check, it looks like a problem was spotted and is now fixed.

You may need to re upload your site, to clear any issues
aviationradio
Grafter

IE6 Language problem

i have re uploaded the two pages that are displaying the random AAAs but the problem still exists.

When i go to the online web building tool and preview the two pages !! index.html and callsign.html !! the random characters do not show - it is only when i actually go to my site live the problem shows.
Any ideas please.
aviationradio
Grafter

Im stuck

Hello i am well and trully stuck.

Ref back to my earlier mail - i am using the online web building tool so i dont see how i can be getting the html wrong.

I am still getting the random letter A in lots of places on my web pages - when i use the tool to edit a page eg my index page i do not see the Letter AAs at all likewise if i preview my pages i do not see the random letters - i then do a save page - i presume doing so over writes the old file - from there i look at the page live and the random letters are once again showing.

I have viewed my site from another location eg a neigbours home and i still see the letters so i dont see how it can be a browser problem.

my url is as follows.

www.hamsoft.co.uk

Can anyone help please - what on earth can i be doing wrong.

Many thanks.

Terry.
Flipper

IE6 Language problem

I may be suffering a similar problem. All pound signs are preceded with a foreign A when using Firefox or IE. It does not happen when the pages are read from my C:, only when dished out by Plusnet Web server. I have copied a page back to my PC in binary mode and the characters do not exist in it, yet they exist in the source read by the browser so I conclude that they are put in by the Web server. I have not experienced the problem before but could not say when it started.

Now stuck for a solution. Example at www.cmerriman.co.uk/everest

Chris
N/A

IE6 Language problem

Your pages are using UTF-8 but the server is saying iso-8859-1.

Stick a .htaccess file in there with

AddCharset UTF-8 .html
Flipper

IE6 Language problem

Many thanks, I will give it a go. Do you mean that I need to create a file called .htaccess with the line you described in it and put this file in the htdocs folder? Or should it go in the subdirectory "everest" that contains all the html pages.

I guess these are character sets but that is as far as my knowledge goes. Is there anything I can read to understand more and to have diagnosed the problem myself?

Has it started to happen because the server has changed or because of a change at my end?

btw, I have uploaded the site to another web host and the problem did not occur so plusnet is looking a bit fussy/awkward.

Chris

Your pages are using UTF-8 but the server is saying iso-8859-1.

Stick a .htaccess file in there with

AddCharset UTF-8 .html