cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want default email to bounce/sink....

N/A

Hi,

SPAMMERs of the world have decided that my standard email address isn't enough to spam on so they're adding letters to my name and spamming those too....

I'd like to change the way my PlusNet hosted domain works by defaulting *@mydomain to bounce and only accept mails on pre-defined mailboxes.

Is this possible with PlusNet.

Failing that, is there an address I can forward to that will sink emails? That way I can add a forward for each incarnation of my name the spammers use and not have to rely on spam filters spotting the problem or even bother downloading them....

Cheers

Andy
3 REPLIES
N/A

Go here
N/A

I can't see that bouncing will help anybody. All you'll be doing is doubling-up on 'your' bit of the masses of spam/spoofed emails that are flying around. In fact, if it bounces-back again from where it bounced from in the first place, won't you end up starting an infinite loop?!! :shock:
N/A

If someone misspells my name when they are emailing me, I'd rather they got a bounced mail saying for example 'user Andyy unknown' rather than nothing and them assuming I've got the email.